I came back from Colombia and what did I find? Beautiful spring weather!!! Luckily, Bogotá’s weather is a mix of spring and fall so I was able to start experiment with what it would be my spring momiform. I need a uniform to survive the lack of time and brain power that motherhood brings to my life.
As a mom my uniform is most of the time some skinny jeans with a sweater/t-shirt, leather jacket and comfy shoes all in black, gray, navy or white. So, for spring I decided to make little tweaks to adapt it for spring. Here they are:
1. Adding color: Trying to escape my very neutral and dark palette I’ve been incorporating dusty pink to my favorite colors, hence this pink t-shirt. The choker part is a bonus and I’m really thinking of getting it in one or two more colors.
2. Trying other jean fits: High waisted skinnies are my favorites, but lately I’ve been making honor to my mom title with mom jeans. They are so comfy! As a matter of fact I would wear them even if I wasn’t a mom. Levi’s does a great job with this wedgie fit, but be aware that if you want a loose fit you need to size up. Your regular size will feel a little too tight at the beginning but they will stretch one or two inches and adapt to your shape after some wear. (Please do not tumble dry them)
3. Giving my black leather jacket a break: I don’t think the break will be too long because I just can’t live without it but I’ll switch up for a suede jacket in another color like the olive one I’m wearing. Though I’m crazy about getting a light-colored one like this one.
4. Changing shoes: As much as I love and live in ankle boots, it’s time to break out my favorite loafers. I just don’t want the weather to get warmer because me and sandals don’t have a good relationship.
5. Accessorizing: I’m not big when it comes to accessories, yet I believe the most subtle and delicate pieces can give a nice touch to an outfit. I love belts, watches and delicate necklaces. Here I only did this watch I stole from my mom. Forgot the belt (mom brain) and a necklace wasn’t necessary because of the chocker in the t-shirt.
So this is how I’m dressing lately, playing with colors and fits like I did in the pic below. What changes are you making to your momiform this spring?